MY MUSIC MANIA


Music and me
I was born on 30 th July 1983 and a very knowledgeable relative said that this boy is gonna make big in music industry as Mohd Rafi died on the same day and he has taken a rebirth . I agreed as I was a KID.
My association with the music dates loooong back . It dates back to the memories of Vividh Bharti , A radio channel of past, the programmes aired on it . The most fondly which I remember is BHULE BISRE GEET. I still remember the host saying : Yeh jo agla gaana hai iski farmayish ki gayi hai Billu, Bulandshahar se, Pappu , manoj pniky,guddu  yaha se waha se and all. Then the song used to be played. Sometimes the song was dedicated to Fauji bhais . I remember BINACA(Cibaca) geet mala, it used to be anchored by the great Ameen Sayani.( I am a huge Fan).On television I guess some of you remember CHITRAHAR.
I was very young at those times , but most of my family members MOM, DAD, Grandfather were  fond of listening to it, I also started liking that..Those are my first memories of my association or liking the music.
Soon I grew up and started singing a couple of poems and songs. Almost all the kids have a sweet voice at a point where the age is in single digit, I was also one of them.
My maami used to give me a toffee whenever I sang. I thought I sang well but the truth remains , even if I would have sang badly , she would have given. I agreed to her as I was a KID. So I felt like Mohd Rafi receiving film fare.
I was growing up(in age)  and  was doing nothing to become a singer except dreaming . But soon GOD intervened and blessed me with Jaundice (AGAIN, I have had it 6-7 times in my life till now). I guess it is one more reason that I liked Rab ne bana de jodi so much as the theme was yellow!!
But I was at an age , wherein we undergo ,hormonal changes and our voice changes. Coupled with those medicines it became so bad that it was almost like croaked. I didn’t know how it was earlier but now it was so bad that it was morally and socially correct : not to sing. Soon it became ok and almost baritone but far off from the voice of a singer. There will be some smiles on faces of some readers as I am accepting that.
But I didn’t leave music altogether. I kept on singing in bathrooms and places where the only audience is me. I have kept up with listening to music as a passion. I do it on a regular basis. I love sufi music , bollywood music anything hindi..The list of my fav singers is endless. I love quite a few Rock bands and have plans(Dreams) of calling AR Rehman on my Sangeet ( A pre nupital ceremony) to give music. I can dream like that as I m still a KID.
Anyways leaving those things apart, I recently thought of trying my hand at some instrument. The sexiest I found to be Guitar. I was planning it for long but as usual couldn’t materialize the plan. But thanks to my dear Akshit , in him I found a guitar partner. He was equally motivated to learn that.So we searched and found a guitar trainer nearby our office. Our trainer SAM! In the first two days we realized it was no child’s play but we are hardworking souls.(Akshit Smiles). We or I gave a sincere shot. Worked really hard for it . Learned a few chords . But destiny has some more interesting ideas.
Guess what happened next.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Jaundice strikes back. Don’t worry , God has been kind to me. Not me this time but this time the Trainer: Our Beloved SAM.
He recovered from it in a month but we never did ! I think our guitars also have yellowed a bit .I think we needed a stronger coach. We will find him one day.
These days I am planning to learn Drums. Any Partners or any Jaundice Resistant coach, plz fee free to contact.
Recently got a ‘compliment’ from my friend Kashif (A strong admirer of my non singing) that I am the same to music as Harsha Bhogle is to cricket. Cant do much on field but has lots of knowledge.
I still have some dreams left in singing. Will sing(properly) some day for sure.
Some dreams were shattered on the advent of Google . Md. Rafi did not die on 30th July (my bday) it infact was 31 July ,3 years back. But but but destiny is funny.on 30 July another singer was born. He is known as Sonu Nigam!!!
We share the same bday and he is 10 years elder and 100 times better. My target is to improve that much so that I can say he is 10 years elder and 99 times better.(Kashif smiles).
I am sure(almost J) , I ll never be a singer but I can be the judge of these music shows for sure.Any producers listening..(Script hi tto padni hai ) and I can give original comments.


Warnings for singers like me:
1.       Don’t sing for the opposite sex, It can spoil your equation. U would realize after a while.
2.       Don’t sing for the same sex, u can be brutally abused/beaten.
3.       Plz sing only at Home (when nobody is there)
4.       No Matter what your friends say, plz record your voice and listen and then u wont sing in public.
5.       Maaami ki toffee se apna talent mat measure karna.
6.       Same DOB have no correlation. (I share my Bday with Arnold Schwarzenegger as well)
7.       Don’t stop singing. Do it alone.
8.       Don’t mix drinking and singing.
9.       Sing only on ur bike(alone) with helmet on and stop(singing) at redlights.
10.   Whenever hiring a coach , ask for medical fitness certificates.

Most importantly

STAY A KID THROUGHOUT UR LIFE AND KEEP SINGING!!